1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Threatened of being fired (from 2 bands) because I won't take a spare bass...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by addylewis, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Jari vanlaere

Jari vanlaere

Feb 4, 2019
    Belgium
    I admit my mistake, I read the automatic mail sent as. X has answered to your post instead of x has answered to the thread...

I am however sticking to my guns when it comes to shaming ppl. over their linguistical knowledge... this may be an english forum but it would be folly to assume everyone here has good english, as the people here are very internationally based.
    I try (and fail) often myself on the language front.

As long as it is readable it should be enough and if you truly wish to help on the languagefront then offer aid, not commentary. most people here are willing and eager to learn and improve (and not just on bass).

I do apologise again for tha mistake on my part.

2. turf3

turf3

Sep 26, 2011
    I'm not going to re-read the whole thread, but I would like to point out that in my day job managing people, I have been accused of micro-managing; but only by people who NEEEDED micro-managing, because if you left them alone for five minutes they would royally screw up whatever it was. My competent professional employees NEVER complained that I micro-managed them; indeed, rather the opposite.

So if a band leader insists that a band member bring a spare instrument and do certain things about ensuring they'll be on time and ready to hit at the downbeat, it COULD be that the band leader is just a jerk control freak. But do consider the POSSIBILITY that the band leader is reacting to past history and that these precautions are not unnecessary.

3. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    I commented on the grammar of the title, not on the person who posted it or their skills.

addylewis likes this.
  4. Tbh, until I saw it corrected I didn't really notice...as you can tell, I was pretty annoyed at the time and sometimes my grammar goes out of the window :D

The past history is on the keyboardists part (missing a train), not mine...AFAIK the BL has never been in any other band than the band I've been in with him since 2001...and I've never had a bass go bad (ok, actually twice - but not bad to the point of being silent...one I'd just had built/assembled by a hippie somewhere from vintage parts and the tone knob suddenly stopped working on it's first/only gig, and once when somehow all the pickup selector/on-off switches got snapped off because of the amateur guitarist being careless with a 4x12 I think - but they both still produced sound and worked...so, twice in 18 years...)