Three finger picking in right hand!!!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Coleman, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    i practice three finger picking but have a problem,pick cross the next string have some uncomfortable:confused:
    how can i get the right mothed to practice this?
  2. Qishi45

Aug 29, 2002
    I'm not sure what you mean but I'd be glad to help you if you clarify the problem.
  3. Different people utilize different three techniques.

You could start by picking with your 1st and 2nd finger and use the third when crossing strings, as follows

G 3121212
    D 3121 2121
    A 3121 1212
    E 1212 2121
  4. well that came out well didn't it
  5. jzito

Sep 4, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA
    I added a third finger pretty quickly by duct taping my ring and middle fingers together, drilling triples with a metronome, then taping my pointer and middle fingers together and drilling some more. There a lession at harmony central that explains the process. I really fast triplet played as one note sounds like pissed off wasp.
  6. i did the same thing except used rubber bands and i did it with my pinkie. Its fun to see lesson teachers gaze at a young person like me.
  7. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
  8. Great article.. thanks for posting the link. I've just recently been able to really show some speed with three-finger picking, and this article gave some nice exercises to strengthen my fingers and get my 4th finger up to speed.