Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Three GS-112's anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Got my first GS-112 and love it. does anyone use three?? is it too much?

the gs-112 was smaller than it looked in other peoples pictures, but the sound is great! big and heavy with just the right amount of midrange subtlty.

is 350w into 4ohms enough for three gs-112's?? 2.6666 ohms, my swr goes down to 2.

2. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I bet that would sound pretty sweet. ;)

I've always wondered why Aguilar doesn't make a GS312, I think it'd be a good compromise between the huge sound of the GS412 and the portability of the GS212. :)

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I've heard that two gs-112's are deeper than on GS212, so I could imagine that 3 gs-112's are pretty huge sounding. anything over 50 lbs is not portable for me. I think my chiropractor would agree.

4. I've daisychained two GS112s and a Bergantino HT-112. Drove the whole 2.67 ohm stack with my iAmp 800.

We played my 55-94 and Fodera NYC Elite 5 and my friend Jake's Surine and Kydd upright through it. I think it was about as close to the voice of God as you can get ;)

Here's a picture. The WT-400 sitting on top wasn't hooked up to the stack.

[​IMG]

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    wow, He musta been mad at you or something. I think he sounds more like a CXL-112L :p

6. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    How does the Berg 1x12 compare to the Aguilar 1x12?

7. Smoother midrange, less prounounced bottom end - the cab is a lot more hi-fi than the Aguilars are. I think the EX-112 is the perfect complement to a GS-112. It brings in the midrange that the Aguilars seem to lack (but they only lack a little).

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the Berg is glossier sounding, with a syrupy gooey midrange and soaring highs. the low end is very tight, but not as big as the Aggie.

the Aguilar is darker, smokier sounding with a thick chewy midrange. big billowy low end.