1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Three Is A Crowd

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Harpo61, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    I am in a band with Three Guitar Players . The Rythym/Singer
    and I Started the band last year after leaving another band.
    We went through a few Lead Guitar Players before Settling on one.Very nice guy ok player but lacking in some skill. The first
    few months due to heath issues of his and the other guitar player we did not pratice that much and we were trying drummers . In the meantime I have developed a very good friendship. While we started to get things going I hooked up with another guitar player and we just clicked . We decided to go foward with 3 guitar players when guitar player 2 come back. In the meantime the 4 piece band starts to gel and we sound great. By the time guitar player 2 comes back we start to sound like crap he can play in tune and starts playing riffs for diffrent songs while we are trying to pratice a pitculars song . You will tell him to stop but he will go back to going it.
    Now guitar player 1 and 3 want him gone . He is a great guy
    but I have to agree with them I feel like jerk because we have to give him the boot I have tried to talk to the others
    and the have there minds se on this . I have been loosing sleep over this and do not know what to do

2. Silaxian

Silaxian

Dec 16, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    It's not an easy decision to make sometimes. What is more valuable to you, this band or the friendship of the person in question? That's really the issue at hand.