three knob wiring scheme

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gumwr, Nov 29, 2002.

1. gumwr

Jun 3, 2002
    Harrisonburg, Va
    hey guys,
    i'm looking to upgrade my bass a bit. right now, i have a passive system, 3 knobs (vol/vol/tone). at present i am intending on putting in a bartolini ntbt preamp and keeping the 3 knob scheme for simplicity. here is what i would like:

knob 1 - master vol. w/ push/pull for passive/active switching

knob 2 - standard/bridge neck pup blend

knob 3 - stacked bass/treb tone pot

i am writing in order to attain any expert advise that you players out there may have. i'm new to bass electronics modification, but am good with projects like this and have pulled them off beautifully in the past. my end goal is to have a guitar with a nice warm jazzy feel with good tone control due to the preamp. i dont know exactly what type of pots to use or what other electronics to wire in order to attain my goal sound. i love the way my bass feels, but it lacks versitility due to the passive electronics. please offer any support, links, comments, suggestions that would help ease this project. thanks in advance all.

2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I'm confused-dont Bart make a 3 knob preamp with stacked t and b?
  3. gumwr

Jun 3, 2002
    Harrisonburg, Va
    the bart that i am looking at comes with 4 pots: B, T, Vol, Blend... and it doesnt state the resistance values
  4. Gumwr:
    why not buy a prewired BArt harness w/ the specs you need. Check out the HR series from Bart. These prewired harness are instant drop ins and will often fil your need.
    I have a HR3.4 and a HR3.2 these are 3 knob harnesses. The 3.4 is a stacked vol/vol- mid switch-bass/treble stack
    The 3.2 is a vol(push/pull=on/off)-vol-bass/treble.
    Bart makes a bunch of these