Three new toys in one week, another on the way!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsonnenblick, Jun 1, 2003.

1. I sold a gorgeous blue Roscoe Beck 5, a Yamaha John Myung, a Warmoth Gecko, and a guitar this week.

I replaced them with a custom Telecaster, as well as three used basses.

Two of them are already here: a Tune 5-string, which IMO is right up there with the absolute best modern-toned basses made; and a Lakland 5502, which is awesome for covering the more vintage-y tones.

In the middle of the week, a brown truck should be bringing me Nino-Brown's koa Jazz with Sadowsky electronics.

How nuts am I?

2. Natural/rosewood: my wife's favorite finish, coincidentally.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    No more nuts than the rest of us :)

Congrats Jordan, the Tune looks really nice. I recently joined the Lakland club also, I love my 55-02.
  4. Here's the one I haven't received yet. I'm actually trading Nino's old blue Gecko back to him for it, so I KNOW he builds great stuff!!!
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  6. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Really digging the Jazz and the Tune! Good week for you.
    Let's see the Tele now.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wasn't that Oddenity's Tune?
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    all that stuff looks great! I especially dig the Lakland...

9. 1. Yes, the Tune was Oddentity's. He wants a more-traditional sounding bass, like a Stingray. We met at Guitar Villa in Quakertown, PA and I bought the Tune from him. He's a great guy, BTW.

2. I don't have any pix of the Tele yet. Plus, some bass-board users have been known to flame people who post gee-tar pix!
  10. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

chicken! :D That's what Misc is for!

BTW, I am getting one of the new FMT Telecasters... but don't tell anyone....

11. a very, very...VERY...beautiful thing. You lucky, lucky man.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX :mad:

13. I played one of those at a music store this week . . . thought it played, looked, and sounded GREAT. With the 2 humbuckers, it didn't sound like a Tele, but nonetheless it sounded excellent.

Korean instruments just keep skyrocketing in quality.
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, forgot to say... that Tune is seriously the cat's meow. One of the finer looking basses I've seen, and I even like the wood choices. When I saw he had that up for a sale (a while ago, if I recall), I had some serious GAS and misery when no matter how I counted, I just didn't have the money.