1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Three Of My Favorite Basses For Sale... Bass #1... my "Wendler" Electro-Acoustic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by artfahie, Nov 5, 2013.

1. artfahie

artfahie Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bar Mills, Maine
    Sometimes it's time to re-shuffle the deck... this time around I'm offering up 3 of my very favorite basses. Two are made by Bill Nash, one by Dave Wendler. I almost exclusively use basses that are made by folks I can get to know, not just something mass marketed and made in parts "unknown". All of these basses are in great shape, as I have 5 in total these simply haven't seen much playing time and my priorities have changed. ALL come with cases (in the case of the Wendler a "gig" bag). I only have to move one of these but we'll see how it goes.

[​IMG][/URL][/CENTER][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/CENTER][/IMG]
    DaveWendlerphoto_zpsbc2211e3.
    The photo of the bass above is from the Wendler website... it is not mine, but other than the finish it's identical.
    4 string bass #222, pao ferro board 1 5/8" nut Satin natural finish, 5.6 lbs!!! Includes gig bag​

"Wendler" "Electro-Acoustic" fretless four string...
    This is my go-to bass when the quality of sound is of the utmost importance, especially when playing with a small combo or an acoustically oriented group. The sound is warm and the attack is similiar to an upright. The reason this one is for sale is that I now own an upright and don't need the redundancy. These guitars are custom, I had this one done with a very "smoky" satin finish... very discreet and rich looking. The neck is fast and has side position markers should you need them. From the Wendler website:
    Carved for resonance. The first thing noticed when picking up an electroCoustic is the weight; rather, the lack of weight. You can see we "double carve" the body to increase resonance...and an added benefit is weight reduction. Both of these attributes contribute to the acoustic response. Body cut
    Body woods selected for tone. Rather than using a hardwood for the double carved body, we use Western red cedar, renowned worldwide for it's sweet mellow tone. The use of a "real" topwood for our guitars allows a resonance and harmonic blossom that makes our guitars more acoustic than electric, so to speak.​

The "new" price on this piece is $1249.00.... I'd be asking for $900 + shipping. Note: As these instruments are custom made they are NOT available through retail outlets. Paypal accepted.​

2. artfahie

Dec 14, 2007
    Bar Mills, Maine
    Bump

3. artfahie

Dec 14, 2007
    Bar Mills, Maine
    -S-O-L-D- !

4. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    WOW!!! That was fast! The one pictured on the website is mine. I had Dave build it for me to spec, thought about it a while and then had him ship it to me. Great bass!
    Congrats to both buyer and seller.