Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

three stringers (& babes) pics...

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by olivier, Feb 3, 2005.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I don't think any of them are much over 5' tall! (The girls, I mean)

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Both those Basses are 19th century French. I have the second pic in one of my books.. In 1982 I was in Spain. A small group was just finishing playing in the Street. The Bass Player (in his 50s-60s) was playing a 3-string Bass. He told me it was a Spanish Bass, made in Spain. Spain had had a few good makers in the last few hundred years as well as the rest of Europe. It looked to be within about 100 years old.

Not a Babe Post, Just a 3-string story.. Sorry fellas...

4. ispider6

ispider6

Jan 30, 2005
    Forget about the girls, read some of the text (no you don't have to know spanish). One of the guys there posted a supposed letter from Gary Karr stating that he's selling all of his basses including his "Amati".

5. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Gary Karr doesn't have an Amati !! It is a German Bass and all the Bass experts know it !!! Sorry to burst all those bubbles out there..

6. ispider6

ispider6

Jan 30, 2005
    Thus the quotations. Besides the fact that it's not an Amati, I have also heard that the only original piece of wood on that bass - albeit the most important - is the top anyway.

7. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Never mind all that stuff, scroll down to the little penguin shot. I had to take off the window to stop laughing(especially after a couple of boilermakers).

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That was great! I love the little back slap the other penguin does to help things along. Classic.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I see they have a Jazz forum, because :

"El jazz y el contrabajo son inseparables. Este es su espacio en el Foro del Contrabajo "

10. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow! Neat thread... that penguin thang is great.