1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Three words... GRAND, SLAM, BOYOS.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    :bassist:

that is all.

2. Well, that's real self-explanatory.

..on planet sarcasm. :atoz:

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    not a rugby fan, eh? ;)

grand slam is the term given to a complete win of the british/european six-nations rugby competition; france, italy, scotland, wales, ireland and england.

wales successfully won every single one of the matches - not only winning us the six nations, the triple crown (scotland, ireland, and england) but also the grand slam (everyone).

if you don't know what rugby is, google it :p:bag:

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    You made the mistake of posting this on a forum largely populated with American bassplayers. We generally only pay attention to sports that we invent (or the rare Canadian ala James Naismith) and that we can then compete in with the goal to become "World Champions".

5. I know what rugby is; I may live in a cave but it is on a main street. :) I actually played a wussy-version in high school. I don't follow any sports, though.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Nah, there's a bunch of rugby fans here (not me, fun to watch, but I would not be able to tell you anything about it), you just have to weed 'em out and stand back.

7. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    :atoz:

8. Am I the only one that thought this was about tennis?

lowsound

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Or golf.

10. Or that preseason MLB game in China.

Mike

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    This really made my day!

I'm a fan of the Welsh rugby team but after their last WRC I wasn't too hopeful about this 6N tournament. But it just kept getting better and better! Especially the pack and the front five have made drastic improvements. And then there's Shane Williams of course :D

[​IMG]

12. Congrats! Looks like they kicked some serious butt. Doesn't it take leather balls to play rugby? :cool:

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And a hard head.

14. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    ii-rugby.

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A grand Slam is a landing a Permit, Bonefish, Tarpoon and Snook in one day. Just ask any Saltwater fly fisherman.:D

16. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Hah!

Italy only beat us by 3 points. Shame on them!

17. Congrats! And I liked the tributes to Ray Gravell as well, a truly legendary figure.

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Don't you mean "GRAND SLAM BREAKFAST"? I can get the Senior Slam Breakfast at Denny's any time for $1.69.

19. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Do rugby matches include riots, and hooligans who beat the snot out of innocent spectators (as in soccer)? Just curious.

20. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    No, that's the great think about it. Things sometimes get a little heated on the pitch, but supporters for different teams just sit next to eachother, share a pint, all in good spirit.