Three Years Ago, Today....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ....I just want to remember the day, for those that died, and to never forget that justice has yet to be done to the cowardly ones who precipitated the unforgiveable acts in NYC and Washington DC.

:crying: :mad:
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

once again read the rules. Any political comments will be dealt with a warning and possible further action. Keep it as a dedication as Gard intended.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I still can't believe it happened...

today is a sad day, and will be for the rest of my life

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    I remember seeing/smelling & hearing it that will forever leave a scar in my mind & heart...

PS: Gard, +1...
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    I've stood at the base of the towers, dizzied and shaken for looking up....

I've been on the observation deck, looking at my world as if from the eyes of a God...

Twist the before and after anyway y'all wish. My heart is blackened from events of the morning of Sept 11, 2001

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    I'm not going into the details of my experience that day but all I know is I'm short a few friends these days...

PS: Here's a link to try & make ya all feel a little better...

If anyone wants this link removed, let me know
  7. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    it's too bad we can't just pay respect for the lost in this thread.

today's tribute is for the families that lost loved ones....IMO
    all the other days of the year you can spout political rhetoric.
  8. Well put.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1! May God bless us all.

And like Gard said, NEVER FORGET!:(
  10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    too many americans have already forgotten
    it's not enough to say our lives will never be the same - i worry about my children now in ways i couldnt have imagined when they were born
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    agreed. :(

12. I remember being especially freaked out on 9/11, since my dad was on a business trip in New Jersey and was planning on visiting NYC while he was there.

Hard to believe it was 3 years ago...I certainly remember everything that happened that day. I remember watching the towers fall on live tv, sitting in school.
  13. :(

I remember it happening while my class was in recess. I had to stay inside, and Miss V would always watch the news while everyone was playing outside. I remember just sitting there and watching the TV, without blinking.

14. I was told about it right after Morning Chow in Boot Camp. We all got about 3 or 4 hours out of boot camp to go back to the barracks and watch the news. It really put a new perspective on why I joined the military...
  15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok I had to nuke a dozen or more posts. Sad You people should no better.

Its like going to a funeral and mocking the family that lost someone. Show some respect!!! You are human right!!? :bawl: :(
  16. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Best thing I have read all day.

Today..... no TV, Pundits, Conspiracy Theorists, Radio or News for me. I'd rather draw from my own personal memories of the twin-towers and those lost.
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
  18. As stated in the original post, I will never forget that justice is yet to be done.
  19. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    yes, justice definitly needs to be done.