1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thrice's Vheissu

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jiant., May 3, 2006.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    So ever since I bought this album the day that it came out, I've been in love with it. Now that I'm in the process of writing stuff for a new band that I'm in now, I want to listen to more music in the vein of this record (not in the vein of all of Thrice's stuff, just this record). Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks and God Bless. -Brad

2. I'm not real sure what to tell you for other recommendations, but I can agree with you that this cd is phenomenal. Everyone I know was disappointed, but they were hoping for another Artist in the Ambulance or Illusion of Safety. I'm glad they didn't cheat themselves and decided to explore their creativity a bit more. Another cd I was equally happy with was A Types by hopesfall. Kind of a different route musically, but I think the progression of exploration in their music is in the same vein as Thrice.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Thursday - War all the Time
    Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
    Glassjaw - Cosmopolitain Bloodloss
    Poison the Well - Any early album
    Calico System

4. Can't really say I like that album, but some of the old Thursday sounds a bit like it, and a friend told me their new CD is rumored to sound like Vheissu. More acousticy and whatnot. I don't really listen to this kind of music, that's just what I heard from a friend who does.
    -Alex