Through the body/top load bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Apr 18, 2003.

1. My Fender has the option of stringing through the body, so I've been playing this way for a while. My old Squier is top-load, and I don't like the feel of the strings as much as the Fender's, I'm guessing because of the way they're set up with the bridge. I'm thinking of getting a Badass bridge, but it's top-load. Will it affect my strings considerably? I like the tightness of the through-body. Thanks.
  2. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    This has been discussed in several threads here, and you'll get arguments both ways. My .02, I have one Fender with the string-through option, and one without. My preference is the string-through. I do think, however, that the Badass is a huge improvement over the bent-plate Fender bridge, so that may be your best bet on the Squier You WILL like it better than what you've got now!
  3. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i have a string through p-bass and a p/j bass with a badass bridge and i like the baddass equally as well,its a great bridge for the money and it bolts right on without adding ant holes,BUT you have to have the string slots ingraved in or do them your self,thers alot of info already on this debate(do a badass search) so do some research before deciding on customizing the bridge its worth the effort:bassist: