Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thruss rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Pekken, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Pekken

Pekken

Jan 23, 2004
    This is a slightly stupid question, but hey...
    Where can I find the thruss rod? Also, can I seriously harm the bass by turning it?

I have an Ibanez Soundgear. Not sure which model.

2. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    The truss rod running inside the neck of the bass. You should be able to adjust it by taken the neck of your body. Some have a spokewheel adjuster which makes it possible to adjust whithout removing it from the body. And yes, you can do serious harm to the bass if you over turn it. If you haven't got any experience, I would say contact a guy who knows about this and let him show you. Normally you should only tweak the truss rod a 1/4 turn at a time. Are you trying to get more or less relief?

3. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    If you need to ask where it is (and how to spell it :)), you probably don't need to be adjusting it. YES you can destroy your bass with improper adjustment of the truss rod.

Do a quick search using "truss rod" as the key word.

Harrell S.

4. Pekken

Pekken

Jan 23, 2004
    The neck is bent upwards. I'll go see my cousin about it. Thanks for the help. If I do a quicksearch, it takes a lot more time to filter through all the crap. This is simply quicker.

5. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    "If I do a quicksearch, it takes a lot more time to filter through all the crap. This is simply quicker."

Let me make sure that I understand what you are saying. Your time is too valuable to waste doing a search for what already has been posted but our time spent answering your questions is worth nothing.

Mmmmm. OK!

Harrell S.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Uh, oh! I think a smell trouble brewing.