1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thumb 5NT or Spector Euro 5! Not a comparo thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass6811, Apr 24, 2009.

1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Ok, here's the deal...right now, I have 5 basses. I gig with 3 regularly, an MTD 535, a Warwick Thumb 5NT, and a Pedulla PentaBuzz. The MTD & the Pedulla are, without a doubt, 2 of the most amazing basses I have ever owned/played/heard! I love them, and will do everything in my power to hold onto them forever! The Thumb...not so much. I got it from a great TBer here, but it's just not doing anything for me. My #4 is a 4-string Spector Euro, which I absolutely LOVE, but I really just bought it to have a 4-string to jam on. So, here is the crux of the issue, I'm not in love with the Thumb, but I am in love with the Spector! I'm not willing to part with any more cash, so I'm thinking I might wanna trade my NT Thumb5 for a Spector Euro 5? Am I crazy? I don't think I can trade the 'Wick for a USA NS-5 w/o coming off of some cash and I'm not willing to do that. I can live with the Thumb. I don't hate it, I just don't love it!:meh:

Give me some guidance:help:...other than the 'Wick fans telling me I'm an idiot and the Spector fans telling me I'm an idiot for buying the 'Wick in the 1st place! :p I'm serious tho, what do you all think?

Oh, and you can't jedi mind-trick me into giving it to you...:D

2. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    Follow your heart Phil.

3. I'd do it, it seems you're not happy with the Warwick so trade it by all means for a brand who you're happy with