Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thumb 6 or killer b 6? i want a curbow...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Aug 17, 2001.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i've found a good deal on both a thumb 6 neck thru and a killer b in lacewood...they're both about the same price...gawd, though, i've been trying to locate a good deal on a used curbow rockwood 6, but those things seem to be extinct on the used market. i just love the string spacing on the curbows. i'm not exactly sure how wide the spacing is on a tobias...the spacing on the thumb is 16.5mm, and it seems alright, but...i just hate buying stuff sight unseen. i know i can count on the quality of the warwick, seeing as how it's an older one with the brass just-a-nut, and i have a thumb 4 already. the tobias though, i've never played...it looks pretty sweet though...mebbe gard can help out...i think i saw an ad for a killer b 6 on the bass central page...gard? :confused: curbows rule! i just can't seem to find any...oh well, i'll prolly end up getting that ibanez sr3006...

2. neptoon--

I'd actually been thinking about putting my Curbow Rockwood 6 up for sale. The neck and playability are great, but I really prefer the more "organic" sound of my David King.

It's the non-carved top model with a brown Rockwood body, wide Rockwood neck, Bart soapbards and 3-band...the usual Curbow setup, though it doesn't have the 3-way mid switch. Would you be interested?

Mike