thumb 6 or killer b 6? i want a curbow...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Aug 17, 2001.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i've found a good deal on both a thumb 6 neck thru and a killer b in lacewood...they're both about the same price...gawd, though, i've been trying to locate a good deal on a used curbow rockwood 6, but those things seem to be extinct on the used market. i just love the string spacing on the curbows. i'm not exactly sure how wide the spacing is on a tobias...the spacing on the thumb is 16.5mm, and it seems alright, but...i just hate buying stuff sight unseen. i know i can count on the quality of the warwick, seeing as how it's an older one with the brass just-a-nut, and i have a thumb 4 already. the tobias though, i've never looks pretty sweet though...mebbe gard can help out...i think i saw an ad for a killer b 6 on the bass central page...gard? :confused: curbows rule! i just can't seem to find any...oh well, i'll prolly end up getting that ibanez sr3006...
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska

I'd actually been thinking about putting my Curbow Rockwood 6 up for sale. The neck and playability are great, but I really prefer the more "organic" sound of my David King.

It's the non-carved top model with a brown Rockwood body, wide Rockwood neck, Bart soapbards and 3-band...the usual Curbow setup, though it doesn't have the 3-way mid switch. Would you be interested?