Thumb and pinky slap

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Ketch27, May 4, 2001.

1. Ketch27

May 4, 2001
    Hey. Newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone slaps like this: sometimes I keep my right hand opened up wide and slap with my thumb and then immediately with my pinky. Granted, the pinky does not get as loud or strong of as sound as the thumb, but it goes really fast. I usually just do this when I'm messing around and not playing any specific songs. It's really fast though, and I've never seen it done by anyone else (then again, I'm a newbie, so I wouldnt know...)
  2. yeah, I use it sometimes.
    I can't do 16th note slap using ghost notes with the left hand like most people do, so i use my little finger instead.

also there's a device called the "Slaphammer" which attaches to your thumb and little finger so you can get more attack with your little finger (seems a bit pointless to me, but Mark King endorses it:rolleyes: )
  3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Only done it when blisters bust open on the other three.
  4. Ketch27

May 4, 2001
    My friend has one of those Slaphammers. I tried it and I didnt like it very much.
  5. I do this! hehe I haven't been taught too much technique in the slapping area (I have a guitarist as a teacher.. he teaches mainly theory) It's great and easy. Perfect for lazy me! hehe

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    What, you slap with your pinky?!
    I pop with it but not slap.
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I actually use my pinky on "Bonin' in the Boneyard". It's for a muted pop that I do with either that or my ring finger.
  8. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    What, you pop with your pinky?!
    I slap with it but not pop.

9. Beelzebob

Beelzebob Guest

Apr 2, 2001
    Hooksett, NH
    A friend of mine and I developed our pinky slap when we couldn't figure out my name is mudd by Primus. Later I learned about slapping hammer ons. But I still use it for massive outros and stuff when I play live.
  10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    i use my thumb and middle finger most of all then i use my pinky to pick my nose! hehehe