Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thumb Bass w/o Jazz p'ups?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Apr 24, 2005.

1. I hope I am not sounding too stupid here, but can you have a warwick thumb made with pickups other than the standard jazz ones? For me, I just cannot get used to resting my thumb on the slanted p'up or playing that close to the bridge at all times.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You can get thumbrest. If you want a thumb without J's, you need to get the bass from the warwick custom shop.. that's big bucks. I think someone around hear has a maple thumb with a MM pickup.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Also, the bridge one is the slanted one, the neck one is the regular one.

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    only the 5 and 6's have the pups close to the bridge on an extreme slant. the 4's are great! i have had mine for over a year and it hasnt let me down since.

5. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    I agree 100%... I just played my Thumb 4 NT this morning. I rest my Thumb on the bridge pickup without a problem. It actually feels great!

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
  7. Thumb 5 Bolt-On Broadnecks have soapbars, not sure about Neck-Throughs.

8. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Ahh right, silly me..

9. Yeah, but I'm a 5 string player and the slant is just not a comfortable way of playing for me. As for the soap bars, that would be killer if I could get them on a NT because that would be the ideal bass for me.

10. Mika

Mika Guest

Nov 29, 2002