Thumb piece

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Wonky donkey, Apr 20, 2014.

  1. Wonky donkey

    Wonky donkey

    Jan 11, 2014
    Hi folks...

    I have seen a lot of slap players like mr king use some kind of thumb piece ? Can anyone tell me what it is? I've looked everywhere but cannot seem to find anything of the like? I assume it will help witH a harder more percussive feel as well as stop your thumb falling to bits ?

    What is it, where can I get one to try?
  2. lz4005


    Oct 22, 2013
    Pictures might help find answers to your question.
    There are a lot of "Mr Kings" in the music world. I can think of 4 right off the top of my head.
    Also posting it in the technique forum, instead of strings, would be more appropriate.
  3. Wonky donkey

    Wonky donkey

    Jan 11, 2014
    Sorry, i assumed when talking about slap bass playing and mentioning "mr king" most people might just make the assumption that I was i fact talking about mark king of level 42.

    In case that's still not specific enough, try this :

    I didn't put it in the strings forum because it isn't a string ???? I figured it was best associated with technique owing to the fact it is an accessory to improve technique somehow?

    See pic of said thumb peice below :)


    I've read that originally he used electrical tape to cover a split in the skin of his thumb, but this thumb piece looks like an actual bit of kit, removable/ reusable etc....
  4. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 19, 2021

Share This Page