Thumb rest for an acoustic bass!

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by MaxSoulier, Jul 17, 2020.

1. MaxSoulier

MaxSoulier

Jul 16, 2020
    Good morning all! I just bought a new Breedlove acoustic/electric 4 string and I’m looking for recommendations for a good thumb rest!

Thanks,
    Max

JRA likes this.
  2. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
  3. MaxSoulier

MaxSoulier

Jul 16, 2020
    Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. Thanks.

4. Danny C

Danny C

Oct 31, 2018
    I make my own. Attached with double sided tape, stays on very well and if needed to be removed does not mess up finish. 20200804_110640.jpg

JRA and Bob E like this.
  5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Hi Max,

This might not directly answer your question, but still related: are you familiar with or have you ever learned the floating thumb technique?

I'm aware floating thumb technique usually appeals players when they go 5 or more strings on their basses. Still, I think the technique could be beneficial for any 4 string players too. At least, with it you wouldn't feel the need to have a thumb rest on every bass you play.

Also, it would be easier for you later if you ever decide to get a 5, 6, or 7 (or even more) string bass.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021