Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thumb Rests for a P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bentem, Mar 23, 2003.

1. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    on a recent thread, the p-bass gallery one, io saw that a lot of you had thumb rests on them(at least i think they were thumb rests)

do you know where you can get them, and if i would be able to install it myself?

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Most Fender dealers have them, or you can get one from Musicians Friend. They cost about $6. I put one on my Essex P, and it is pretty easy to do. It came with a template and instructions. You just have to drill two holes.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    go to e-bay ,they are about 6 bucks brand new,shop around there are a few guys that will ship them for free to you,they are easy to find dont worry,they are a dime a dozen:bassist:

4. If you want to add a nice touch to your bass, you could make a thumbrest out of rosewood or maple (make it fit your fingerboard wood). :D

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    All of the Fender thumbrests I've picked up have been dark brown in color, which I think is supposed to simulate Bakelite. Has anyone seen them in black?

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The one I bought is black. It matches my black bass just fine...