Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thumb Start My Harley---Drummer?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Feb 26, 2006.

1. If anyone here has the Bass Extremes CD (Vic Wooten and Steve Bailey) with the song "Thumb Start My Harley" on it, can you please tell me who played drums on that track? I'm trying to track it down on the internet but it's suprisingly hard to find anything.
    I've narrowed it down to the 3 most likely drummers. These names keep coming up, but I don't know which one it is.

1-Gregg Bissonette
    2-Jack Bissonette
    3-Dennis Chambers

Which is it? I thought there was only a Gregg Bissonette, who's Jack? HELP ME

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Jack Dejohnette?
    ;)

3. Nah, it's Gregg. I've seen him in person and I have the BE DVD so I'm pretty sure it's him.

Plus, they say his name a few times. And he's in the credits on the booklet. And the credits of the DVD. And it's in Gregg's discography. And on Victor's website. And... okay. I'm done now.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    On the Bass Extremes video it is indeed Gregg.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    He's a great drummer, Gregg. I was very impressed with the job him and his brother Matt (bass) did on Joe Satriani's "The Extremist" album.