1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thumb vs Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Oh man, what a bummer for you. I had the same problem with my Thumb but it is a very, very easy fix.

The preamp was just turned up all the way.

All you have to do is open up the control cavity and turn it down with a little screwdriver.

A very user freindly solution.

But hey, Corvettes are nice too!

:D

Joe.

2. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    I have one.

It is awesome! Great tone and easy to play sitting down. While standing up you have to deal with the neck dive but to be honest with you, the only time you really notice it is between long breaks between songs (a bad thing in itself) or at the end of a set before you actually set it down to go on break.

I have gigged with mine for a couple of years now and still love it.

Joe.

3. The Thumb NT (especially the 5) does neck dive a bit, but if you wear your bass quite high up, you won't have a problem, cause it balances itself out the higher you wear it...

hey Lowtonejoe - do all the thumb NT preamps have that adjuster screw, or just the older ones? I've been lowering my pickups cause I thought that was the problem (getting distortion when playing hard), but I'd rather play with them higher and lower the level of the preamp...

4. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    I would assume yes since I have heard of others doing the same thing.

However, it only takes a minute to find out for sure!

It's very easy to do. Check yours and see.

Joe.

5. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I've heard that BOs sustain better than NTs.