1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thumby's Family Portrait

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThumbyAche, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Sorry for the quick picture but I finally got the bass family out and thought I'd share the moment. These are all my basses with the exception of my fretless that I rarely play which is a Heartfield DR5. This is the result of lots of hard work and also years of buying/selling/trading to get what I wanted. I sacrificed alot of Amps/cabs/some basses to end up with what you see here: I am very happy.

Attached Files:

2. So I uh, got this folder on my work computer that has all these beautiful family bass portaits in it that I stare at whenever I get bored at work. I think I can make room for this one :)

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm, don't like Jazz basses, do you? Nice stuff there.

4. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Left to Right..

1. Nordy VJ5 - oly white Alder body with Braz RW fb, Big Splits, totally passive and about 8.5-9 lbs

2. Suhr Classic Jazz - trans red Ash body, Birdseye Maple fb and vintage size frets, Suhr classic jazz pups, Hipshot vintage bridge and about 8-8.5 lbs

3. Modulus VJ - 3 tone sb, Bart pups and pre, Hipshot B style bridge and Jeannie black pickguard (I took the tort pg off). About 8.5-9 lbs

4. Modulus VJ - Black with black pearloid pg, Bart pups and pre, Badass II bridge, about 8.5-9 lbs

5. F-Bass BN5 NY model - black Hard Ash body with one piece maple neck slightly different neck shape than regular BN5, vintage size frets, Hipshot B style bridge, about 9 lbs

6. GFC (George Furlanetto Custom) - It's an F-Bass and not very many of these around, one piece Ash body in Autumnburst finish, Flatter neck than the BN5, bridge pup is closer to the bridge than the BN5, vintage size frets, Hipshot B style bridge and about 9.75-10 lbs

on the floor
    7. G&L L-1000E (modded to a L-2000) trans aqua color on Hard Ash, Ken Smith BT preamp, Killer one piece maple neck, Hipshot D-tuner, vintage size frets and a custom made white pg. This one is about 10 lbs easy.

5. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    They are some lovely basses! :bassist:

6. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Thanks! I do have kind of a jazz bass fetish but I do like other kinds too just have to many basses as it is to justify anything else right now. Basically I really like my bass collection but I could easily narrow it down to the two F-Basses, my Nordy and my Suhr and be totally happy.

I will add that I like the Modulus VJ necks better than the other 4's that I have. The Nordy VJ neck is my favorite 5 string neck but the BN5 is very close. Best finger tone goes to my F-Bass BN5 adn my G&L and best slap tone is the GFC. They all sound great though and I can get my fav sounds out of any of them.

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Dude!

Sweeeeeet lineup there. Nice collection! :bassist:

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Nice happy family. Congrats, bro.

9. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    That's one very nice arsenal. I hope you have tons o' fun playing them.

Bones

10. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    thanks for the comments!

11. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Eventually, I may add the right P-bass but pretty set for now that is for sure.