Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thumper's retirement sale - NAAM Roscoe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thumper, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    We closed on our retirement property, now to pay for it :scowl:

"She" has finally agreed that I can sell my NAAM Faux Marble LG 3005. I've only used it for the last 2-3 songs of the night, it's all original except for 1 set of strings and 1 battery change, it's in mint condition, with original softcase.

The specs: One of a kind and made for NAAM, it looks like it was carved from white & black marble. 3 band, 18v. Bartolini preamp and PUPs. 9.63 lbs., S/N 3907.

If you want to be noticed, here's the bass. Offered here first, I'm looking for $1,800

I'm not looking for trades, I need to furnish our place in Mesquite, Nevada.

[​IMG]

If this image doesn't load, I'll email them.

2. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Okay, let's try this.

3. Holy Crap that is neat looking, wow.

I wish I had the coin... good luck, whomever gets that will be grinnin.

4. Had to look twice at that, fantastic bass, getting some serious CAS for a Roscoe, gotta be a four though.
    Good luck with your sale, I can't see that hanging around for long

Tony

5. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I also have to say it sounds as good as it looks. It's a bit extreme looking for a 52 year old playing cover rock though :p

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i remember that bass, i came this close to making a bid on it back then...
    Mesquite, Nevada? well, we will be almost neighbors!!

7. OMFG! How can you part with that? :eek:

If it only had another string or two....

8. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Hey Adrian, I finally hope to be able to catch your act this winter! Since we're not actually retiring for a few more years, we'll only be there on weekends and for the occasional week. Anytime away from the Utah winters is a bonus though.

7stringer, I'm only getting rid of it because I've settled into a 2 bass rotation for gigs, it got old hauling 3 around, at least 2 fit into 1 gigbag.

Band 1: Lakland 55-94 & Benavente 51 PJ5
    Band 2: Nordstrand SC5 & Elrick SC5

All 4 of these basses are natural finish woods & much more fitting for a geezer playing Classic Rock. Next on the block will be my '66J and fretless '75P but my psyche can only handle selling one at a time :bawl:

9. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    A suggestion which is probably not needed: Make sure you dress nicely when you go check his act out. Great time, great place, but dressed like the uni-bomber for poker purposes kind of screwed me ;)

I thought about getting that Roscoe back in the day, I think either from BassNW or G Guitars? What a piece!!!

10. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Hey Leo, thanks for the apparel heads-up, our society is quite casual these days.

Your memory is good, it was Bass NW.

BTW, I'm still enjoying that Pink Genesis, it's fantastic for outdoor gigs or tight stages. HIGHLY underrated basses IMO.

11. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Wow, things disappear off the radar quickly around here! I'm heading off to the property for the weekend, but thought a bump was in order
    (outta' sight, outta' mind).

12. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Another bump before the weekend. If nothing happens before Sunday, it heads to Bassgear.

Trades? After spending last weekend in Mesquite without a bass, I would consider a Reverend 5 to leave there. This has nothing to do with them stopping production, I've always liked them.

13. Thumper,

I have a real nice Reverend 5L, black, gold pg, white pups.

Interested?

Randy

14. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Randy,

Sure I'm interested, run it by me, let's PM.

15. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    On-hold pending receipt of $. :crying: This one's gonna' hurt to box-up.

16. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    SOLD and on it's way. Enjoy Michael.