Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thumping in the back!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Nov 25, 2003.

1. I appologize if this has already been done, but I know how much we search for good-toned, rumbling bass on stage, but how about coming from the back of your cars? What kind of sound systems (if any) do you guys have in your cars? What are your recommendations and specs as well as prices? Pictures would be cool!

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Yes this has been done before.

CLICK HERE for some other threads.

;)

3. I appreciate that, I honestly had searched first, but I did not feel like flipping through 15 pages of mainly unrelated material.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'll add here, I have a 99 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder with a 10" Boston Acoustics Competitor sub, definitely rocks for a 10", actually it just plain rocks, 1000 watts RMS. I couldn't fit anything bigger in the excuse for a trunk.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    My system starts with an Alpine 9815 HU.

My front components are CDT HDs. The rear fills are Infinity Kappa plates.

I have three MTX 4202 power amps mounted on custom rack that I built. It includes the sub enclosure. My sub is a Phoenix Gold Tantrum X 10 in .7 ft^3 sealed.

It all rides in my GMC extended cab PU.

Here's the enclosure:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Dude--

Awesome enclosure. I bought an MTX Thunderform for my 2001 F-150 SuperCrew, and although I love it, it was terribly expensive. I wish I had the ability to build a box like yours that would fit like that. I don't want to take up a lot of space in the back of my truck, so the Thunderform was the only option I had.

FYI--

Head: Pioneer DEH-P33
    Front Speaks: Pioneer TS-A6880R 6x8's
    Rear Speaks: Pioneer TS-A5713 6x8's
    Sub: MTX Thunderform (Powered) 1x10" 100 watts RMS

Here's a side shot of my baby--
    [​IMG]

7. For super-boominess, I like to use a 15" or an 18" speaker. :D

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Here's a shot of the Thunderform and how it fits under the seat. Don't mind the crumbs...

[​IMG]

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Representin'--

[​IMG]

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    One more...

[​IMG]

11. Why not turn this into an all out show off your car thread!? I am officially hi-jacking my own thread, enjoy!