1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunder and Lightening

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gravedigger Dav, May 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    In the North Texas area we have been getting many days of pretty heavy storms over the last two or three weeks. The forecasts for Friday night didn't look good at all for the time we would be on stage. I was concerned because the gig was semi outdoors. The venue is a marina on Eagle Mountain Lake. The stage is covered, but the rest is open. And, you literally have to back part way down the boat ramp to load in and out.

It is actually a fun place to play, but back to the weather. I told the BL that if there was nearby thunder and/or lightening, I was shutting down and going inside, but the weather seemed to be cooperating. Where I was standing I was facing west where the weather would come from. About mid way through set three distant lightening began, but it was quite a way off. As the evening progressed, it got closer, but still not close enough to panic. Just as we finished the last set, the rain began. It wasn't really that much, just enough to be annoying and make backing down the boat ramp to load out intimidating. We all got loaded out without getting really wet.

But, it was one of those gigs where everything seems to go right. My rig sounded awesome (G&L SB-2T & Bassman 500 with 2 1x15 neos) and everyone was on their best game. And, I could finally sing without getting a bad sore throat and a coughing fit.

And a good time was had by all.

MonetBass and kesslari like this.
  2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Thunderbolts and lightning.
    Very very frightening.
    :cool:

Glad it worked out and you had a great gig.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021