1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunder In Boulder Creek II

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Wally Malone, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    The date for the GTG, Thunder in Boulder Creek II is on for Sunday, May 4. There will more info coming soon but posting this today so those with interest can hold the date.

I thought it would be better to break this off into a thread of its own to not have any confusion from the last event. If you plan on attending please respond here. Also an online spreadsheet will be set up to show what items one is bringing and also for any items one wishes to sell (thanks kessarli).

Wally

2. Abacobob

Abacobob

Nov 21, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    I'm in! Not sure what I'll bring with me yet.

3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    In for the new thread, and might actually show up!

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
  5. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    I'm in.

6. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    You should bring your Bolin NS is you still have it :) If you do and are willing to let it go shoot me a PM and we will talk. Have a nice bass budget right now and want a Bolin really bad.

7. dvlmusic

dvlmusic

Jul 24, 2010
    Alameda, CA
    Got it on my calendar - I'll confirm 100% as we get closer (pregnant wife makes it difficult to schedule things)

8. car_man65

car_man65

Nov 14, 2013
    I'll try to make it to check out some gear (looking to upgrade sometime amp wise) should be a great GTG!

9. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I am in. Looking forward to it.

10. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    In. Thanks Wally!

11. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    Thanks kesslari for linking the thread and setting up the spreadsheet and thanks to chucko for creating some FB action! Barry and I are tossing around a few ideas that may enhance some live performance opportunities in addition to the hang since there are three locations that can be used within the short block.

It's great to see so many early responses and many that were at the last event in BC.

Wally

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    In!

13. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Hmm, well with the possibility of Valkyrie and Big E showings, I probably won't be able to resist...

14. Just finished building a single course fretless 8-string, (first build). 13 piece tapered laminate neck through. I would like to get opinions on the build quality from whoever wants to give it a spin...

15. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Sounds really lovely - I'd be glad to give it a spin.

16. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    The pics on FB look awesome. Would love to get my hands on it and give it a spin.

17. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    Looks like I'll have a new Accugroove Wedgie to bring and a Carvin SB5000.

Wally

18. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca
    Some cool stuff being brought. If anyone wants to hear the Fender Super Bassman 300 head through their, or anyone's cab, let me know, and I will lug it with me.

19. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    Just posted to the spreadsheet some items I'll be bringing. It looks like the items I've had for sale recently may all be sold.

Wally

20. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    Love to come but that's a 4-5 hour drive from up here in Mendocino County. Chance you can live-cast this through YouTube?