1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

thunderbird bass + ampeg svt-11p preamp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by akonca, Sep 13, 2002.

1. akonca

akonca

Sep 13, 2002
    mornin` all, i have a gibbo tbird which i bought from new, the first one i ordered had a bollocksed truss rod & paint defects, the one which replaced it via the official importer had a slightly better action and some truss adjustment in it - say comparable to a £100 budget bass (i won`t mention the cracked laquer along the neck/fingerboard joint, paint blemishes crackling pots and stripped thread at the strap button) I`d just like to ask - are they all as bad as this or was the quality control section in the boozer when the batch I bought mine from was imported?
    part 2!!!
    I`ve just bought a second hand ampeg svt-11p preamp to go with my soundlab 2x850w poweramp, has anybody had any experience of these, ie reliability or quirks that I should know about before gigging it? also the link to join the pre to power units - ordinary speaker cable or shielded instrument?
    thanks al.

2. Mr Alembic

Mr Alembic

Feb 3, 2012
    IRELAND
    use a mic cable i.e shielded

3. wvbass

wvbass

Mar 1, 2004
    I genuinely believe that Gibson doesn't reject anything; I think they ship everything and don't get too hung up on cosmetic issues. Plek 'em and ship 'em seems to be the rule.