Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thunderbird bass + ampeg svt-11p preamp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by akonca, Sep 13, 2002.

1. akonca

akonca

Sep 13, 2002
    mornin` all, i have a gibbo tbird which i bought from new, the first one i ordered had a bollocksed truss rod & paint defects, the one which replaced it via the official importer had a slightly better action and some truss adjustment in it - say comparable to a £100 budget bass (i won`t mention the cracked laquer along the neck/fingerboard joint, paint blemishes crackling pots and stripped thread at the strap button) I`d just like to ask - are they all as bad as this or was the quality control section in the boozer when the batch I bought mine from was imported?
    part 2!!!
    I`ve just bought a second hand ampeg svt-11p preamp to go with my soundlab 2x850w poweramp, has anybody had any experience of these, ie reliability or quirks that I should know about before gigging it? also the link to join the pre to power units - ordinary speaker cable or shielded instrument?
    thanks al.

2. Mr Alembic

Mr Alembic

Feb 3, 2012
    IRELAND
    use a mic cable i.e shielded

3. wvbass

wvbass

Mar 1, 2004
    I genuinely believe that Gibson doesn't reject anything; I think they ship everything and don't get too hung up on cosmetic issues. Plek 'em and ship 'em seems to be the rule.