1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Bridge Help; Any experts Out There!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ejaggers, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
  2. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    THat looks pretty good, it certainly reminds me of the two point on my BaCH Non Reverse T Birds. Not all the pics he shows are of that bridge tho.

3. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    That sure does look similar to the Bach bridge. Nice inexpensive bridge imho. I'd just leave the third hole or if you want to get real fussy you could fill it, touch up the color and shoot clear the raised section from the bridge pup back. What color is the bass ?

4. ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    TBird1958,

I thought you had a bridge similar to this. I’ve never seen these in person, and don’t know anything about them. Do they work as well as the 3 point? I saw an EBO 3 pt bridge on ebay I started to get; the seller says it also fits a tbird. Which style would you use?

godofthunder59, it's the standard sunburst.

5. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    That would be a easy touch up for a pro. I make a replacement bridge for 60's Thunderbirds but it's cost makes it prohibitive for your application. I like the feel of the two piece over the three point, you have a longer string by 1/2 a inch the wrappings don't go over the saddle, and the angle of the string over the saddle is greater giving more tension.

6. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    I have also seen three points on Greco Tbirds with a tail piece,sort of a best of both worlds solution, that would solve your third hole problem.

7. ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    godofthunder59,

Yeah 50-60 bucks is as far as I'll go on this bass. There's nothing wrong with the black bridge, I just want chrome. It would be nice if someone had one they want to get rid of. I thought for a minute about selling the black, in fact, I still might, but I generally don't sell things for some reason.

8. TBird1958

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington

Looks a lot like this BaCH bridge........On one of my Non Reverse 'Birds - It should work!
    bridges007.

9. ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    Bird-58 and Thunder-59,
    I think it would look pretty cool with this bridge and a cover. Any idea where to get a cover reasonable.

10. TBird1958

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    There was a guy from Tx selling some pretty nice repros on ebay a couple years back, but even they were expensive, the real deal are out of the question - rare and $$$