1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. germanson13

germanson13

Feb 7, 2014
    Argentina
    ufff, not anymore since I have now this new bridge... :(

Many thanks anyway!

2. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    There isn't much that you can do to fix the bridge to the bass without having more holes. And from the looks of it, if you plug up the 3 insert holes from teh 3point bridge, you'd only be drilling 3 new holes to hold the new bridge you have so in a way, you're not putting anymore holes into the bass itself, you're just re-arranging the placement and size of the holes.

3. germanson13

germanson13

Feb 7, 2014
    Argentina
    mmmm, the problem is that I have to remove the old pieces and I don´t know how, since they are stuck into the body. any idea?

many thanks!

4. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    If ever tender prey sees all this, he could answer you how to do so. He modified one of his goths with a whole new finish and pickups/bridge. Drop him a PM, i'm sure he'll be glad to help you if he can.

5. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Was wondering, is there any significant difference between post 88 thunderbirds? Other than finish options. Do they sound, weigh differently?

6. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

The body has stayed the same size, but has been offered in some different wood combinations, i.e. the "Zebra Bird" and the Nikki Sixx Mk.II. There were also the "Studio" models, which are set neck with no raised center block and a different bridge ( I still want one!). Also during that time there have been at least 4, yes, four different versions of the the TB Plus Black Plastic coated pickup!

7. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393018831.107978.jpg

#376 here!
    Just checking in, cleaning my Blackbird right now and took the pick guard off it, quite like it!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393018911.411266.jpg

And here is a picture from a few months back of my girlfriend with my 'bird, her favorite bass of mines

Engle and SeamzKing like this.
  8. hillerup

hillerup There are basses, and there are Thunderbirds!

Aug 26, 2009
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Here's a tip I found elsewhere:

Place a small screw or steel ball (from a ball bearing) into the cavity of the anchor, and then slowly screw the stud into the anchor - The anchor should then slowly move out of the body as you gradually screw the stud into the anchor...

9. Can't wait to replace my old fender with an epi classic IV pro.

10. Hey, I didn't know chuck norris played bass.

11. saltymonkey

saltymonkey Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Syosset, NY
    He kills it.

Abull78 and ScottMatt like this.
  12. Who's going to tell him he can't play bass :bag:

Yrag, Engle and HouseUmbrella like this.
  13. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Thanks. I knew about the studio, and had been wanting one too for a couple of years. Zebra wood yeah, and the MKII sixx bass. I was more wondering about the like simple thunderbirds. raised block, all black hardware, mohagany and ply's. It was more to know if withing like different years of those thunderbirds, if there were any significant changes in tone since they all look the same. 4 versions of tb plus plastic pickups!! That's unreal.

LowFactor likes this.
  14. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    It does look good gardless, more clean. My goth is like that too, guardless and i ditched the controls for a kill just like the black bird. Also, i sanded down the edges to the red wood (mohagony) and added a little red paint for it to come out more, make it like binding, did the same to the headstock but just the internal part. gotta do it a little bit more. Without further a due here she is. Her name is Purdy :D

Attached Files:

15. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    For a change of pace my '77 Thunderbird :smug: I'm usually seen with a NR around my neck. JOHNNYSMOKEBuffaloNYwaterfront8-19-13179.jpg

Squittolo, Axstar, Yrag and 2 others like this.
  16. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    I just bought this from Carlo ( Cataldo basses) a series 3 Bach NR. These are great basses for the money and the closest thing you are going to find to a real NR. I have owned as many as three of these at a time but this brings me up to two :) A few mods in mind a Dimarzio model G under a chrome cover, vintage tug bar, repro 60's tail piece (I make 'em) repro pg (I make those to) and gold knobs. BAchNRhoneyburst003_zpsec99232e.jpg BAchNRhoneyburst001_zpsa3dfc9d5.jpg

juggernaut7 and BeeTL like this.
  17. TBird1958

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Scott, you must have a fair portion of Di Marzio's production of Model G's

godofthunder59 likes this.
  18. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    LOL lose or installed I think I have 8-10 around.

19. TBird1958

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    That's really liking a pickup!
    That BaCH is sweet! I still kinda miss mine.

20. She is purdy as well! I love it, very nice indeed!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021