1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. And picked on!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

RedVee, GBassNorth, theFixer and 5 others like this.
  2. I don't know, the only thing I know is that there are regular conventions there

3. I left halfway through Halestorm's headlining set last year because they strayed waaaayyyy too far from their studio work. I hated it along with too much jibber-jabber from Lizzy and too much stupid stuff from her drummer brother and his enormous drumsticks; look it up. To be completely honest, I wasn't there to see Halestorm and it had been a long day so leaving was the right choice.

RedVee, GBassNorth, theFixer and 3 others like this.
  4. Translation: "Play one of my very favorite songs ever, preferably either one of the three (at most) I am thinking about, or one I forgot about that will make me wet my pants to hear it again. Yeah. Play that one."

RedVee, TBird1958, GBassNorth and 7 others like this.
  5. That narrows it down. Not all bass players use picks.

6. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Oh! Well, why didn't you say so? Arrrrrrrrrrgh! We don't know that one but here's one with a lotta the same notes.

7. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy Supporting Member

Yep. It can be an original or a cover or a completely reinterpreted song. There are lots of big name musicians who have done great versions of songs other people did first. Plus, it is really common for songwriters to pass songs along to singers and bands who then play the original version of the song. It's not as simple as thinking of doing originals vs. covers. It's more like a sliding scale from John Cage and rethinking what music even is to being a note for note tribute band who even try to look the same.

RedVee, GBassNorth, theFixer and 5 others like this.
  8. Because if they had said so, then instead of beating your hgad against the wall, you'd be beating your bass against their head.

Looking back at that, I will say AHEM first. AHEM!

9. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Do the conventioneers get to leave afterwards?

10. Led Zeppelin being a case in point. Part original, part covers. But they hardcore reinterpreted the covers and made them their own. (A little too much, since they tended not to credit the originals, but that's beside the point.)

MCF, RedVee, TBird1958 and 7 others like this.
  11. An awful lot of people seemed to just disappear throughout the series.

12. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Failed contract negotiations?

13. Probably under protest :roflmao:

14. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    THAT'S a handy tidbit! I'll hold on to that. Thanks:thumbsup:

15. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy Supporting Member

RedVee, GBassNorth, Nocturnal and 4 others like this.
  16. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    Dude shoulda been playin' a Thunderbird. Just sayin'... :smug:

17. I like Johnny Winter, he has a way with that little bird. The bassist should have had a Tbird, that's for sure

On the subject of Firebirds, I'm always surprised George Harrison didn't play one, they seem made for each other sonically if not visually

MCF, RedVee, GBassNorth and 6 others like this.
  18. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    No, it's a low output pickup but a high output bass. In your opinion, what is the hottest in the three way selector?

RedVee, GBassNorth, Christine and 2 others like this.
  19. They have paid royalties on the Lemon song. With only the threat of a lawsuit. Presumably they have made good on all such matters then.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 5 others like this.
  20. Yeah. I'm just talking about how it originally went down. I wasn't paying attention at the time, so I have no idea if the band itself was clueless. It's even possible their management was. Atlantic Records? No way.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 4 others like this.