1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Some parties (not all) take the approach - I'm not paying, go ahead and sue. I will see you bankrupted by the legal fees before I pay a dime. Sometimes good lawyers will take on such a client knowing that although they will not get any fees until a successful judgement, the punitive aspect of the judgement will make the investment of time well worthwhile.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  2. Spieluhr

Spieluhr

Dec 4, 2017
    London, UK
    I haven't done it.... Put the Babicz on an Epi, but the guys who have, have pulled the inserts from the Epi body, ground off the flange/shoulder, pressed 'em back in with a little epoxy, and then attached the bridge so it now fits flush to the body. I'm not aware of anybody who has made a shim. Also seems a good idea to be using a little Loctite thread lock on the bolts when you mount the new bridge, me thinks.

MCF, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  3. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    Good post!

As a drummer, I LOVED jamming. What makes it work (or not), is the people yer jammin' with. Everyone in the group hasta know their instruments well enough, everyone hasta not suck, and having a core group of people who are familiar with each other is pretty important too. I'm not proud to say it, but I too am guilty of telling bass players, "Oh come on man! Just find the roots & bullsh!t the rest!" & stuff like that. After stepping out from behind the drums & being put on the spot as a guitar player, I instantly knew what a douchebag I'd been. IMO... drummers have it pretty easy when it comes to jamming. All you hafta do to get a passing grade, is hold the rhythm. Everything else is icing on the cake. On guitar, bass, etc., there is SO much more to consider. I think that bass is more challenging than other instruments, because you hafta be mindful of notes and rhythm, and be more disciplined and mindful of the role of bass in the music being played. I won't play in front of people if I'm not comfortable with what I'm doing, and I know now, that it's wrong to ask anyone else to do it too. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, therefor, in order for a jam to be fruitful and fun... all participants must be there because they want to be... not because they were pushed into it:)

4. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    word

5. Jamming isn't necessarily that different from working on a new song together, except that jamming isn't constantly interrupted with, "That's not right! Let's try again from the third C#m7 in the second verse, but this time Peter should try walking up three steps while Davey vamps on the root every third sixteenth note."

RedVee, Nocturnal, GonePlaid and 4 others like this.
  6. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA

7. The 500 setting seems hottest. I usually run it on 250.

PillO, RedVee, GBassNorth and 3 others like this.
  8. I get a rush from going up on a stage with no idea of what I'm going to play....and then coming up with something. It is way more fun when the other players are accomplished on their instruments.

9. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    Christine! You need to build the George Harrision signature model Firebird! Solid Rosewood to match his favored Telecaster:cool::thumbsup:

PillO, RedVee, Count Bassie and 6 others like this.
  10. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    Not like the John Entwistle Dean? :roflmao:

H72309000001000-00-500x500.

11. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    PillO, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  12. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Sounds right. You'll get more signal swing sacrificing noise figure.

13. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    You really wanna go there?:laugh:

14. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    I'll retire gracefully :angel:

15. Boris the bass!

16. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    Boris the bas... for sure :roflmao:

17. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    If Anyone comes across one of these for sale, or is interested in selling one, let me know. Fernandes nikki sixx ppyepaosu8yvfiljs6zx.
    Thanks

PillO, RedVee, Count Bassie and 6 others like this.
  18. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    Question: Thunderbird build, one pickup or two? What kind probably depends on the answer :)

19. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    One Thunderbucker 63 please.