1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    We got licky, our director was the same for all of my four years (hs) plus two for Jr HS. He was a pretty darn good trombone player and he held the bar quite high. For example one of our continuous players was William Tell Oveture, at speed, which is quite a challenge.

GBassNorth, Miles_ONeal and GonePlaid like this.
  2. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    That is right down the street from where I am right now! (Im at work).

GBassNorth and GonePlaid like this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Being a genuine 'olde phart (h.s. 61-64),that stuff was something we knew very little about. Post Navy(64-68), different story.

4. ToddOfThunder

ToddOfThunder

Feb 9, 2016
    I just watched a rockumentary on Metallica and James Hetfield uses lighted dots. Surprised me.

GBassNorth, dukeorock and GonePlaid like this.
  5. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Chris Wolstenholme(Muse)has some sort of lights(?)on his bass.

6. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    Cause he cant read! Lol

7. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    Anyone know the correct club for Mesa Boogie M-Pulse? Ive only found four clubs and nun are pulsers.

8. Dadagoboi

Dadagoboi CATALDO BASSES Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 1, 2005
    Florida Swamp
    CataldoBasses: Designer/Builder ThunderBuckerPickups:Consultant
    A '63 B-18 was my first real amp around '66. I added the surface mount pickup from a Kent P Bass copy to my EB0 for a more usable tone from both.

9. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird Supporting Member

You might want to pm agedhorse. He's your go to guy.
    You could also inquire at one of those clubs. The Mesa users are a pretty respectable bunch.

10. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    and doesn't know his chords?..

11. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah, it had a shipload of bottom.:thumbsup:

Dadagoboi, RedVee, GBassNorth and 2 others like this.
  12. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    I was a wide receiver.:hyper: Running a hundred yards in full dress with a football isn't tough at all.:smug: The painful part is not getting past the three or four guys on the other team that out weigh you by about 50% and are rewarded for breaking your bones or permanently taking you out of the game.:dead:

13. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Let's see. In hs, I weighed about 115#, stood 5'4",wore glasses,etc. Nope! No football for me; the sax was enuff!

14. We always kept spit rags handy. Usually old washcloths, old diapers[1], or old tee shirts.

[1] Mom kept those for cleaning rags; they tended to last well. We did that, too.

15. Yow! That's a workout at "normal" speed.

GonePlaid and GBassNorth like this.
  16. Someone ni Heart- probably Howard Leese- had lights on his guitar, but I can't recall if it was at all to help find positions, or just for effect.

GonePlaid and GBassNorth like this.
  17. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    I think it says they are used overstock but in like new condition. Not sure exactly what they mean by "overstock" unless they were demos hanging on a wall. If f so might or might not have been abused, but still listed as new inventory that nobody in the store wants to buy because of dings or scuffs or some other cosmetic or production flaw.

All that said, it's still a good price if they play well and damage is minimal. But I doubt they have a return policy like Guitar Center, who sells like new VPs for about a hundred bucks more. It's a gamble, but i suppose it could save a few bucks if you're lucky.

RedVee, Mike.C., MCF and 5 others like this.
  18. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Bodily fluids were just considered gross when I was a kid in school. Now days I think it would trigger a HazMat response.:roflmao:

19. I was a small cornerback. The painful part was when tackling someone that weighed almost double, and having them land on you.
    The one real painful part wasn’t the one ambulance ride... it was equally uncomfortable as the hit I took that landed me in the ambulance.

20. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Jeez, that's a helluva hit to knock you all the way into the ambulance:smug:. Glad you survived both.