1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird/Hipshot Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nitrofix, Apr 21, 2010.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Hey all, just picked up a T Bird and it is awesome, The one thing is I don't like the difference in string hight near the bridge, just not used to it..Thinking about putting a Hipshot on it, my question is for those who have done this what do you think, how hard is it to do and does the insert from the front screw get in the way at all, does the hipshot cover the front hole and how hard should I screw down the new screws on the hipshot...Thanks Guys

2. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    I just put a hipshot on my 76 t bird. It has allowed me to lower the action even more than the original bridge. The hipshot covers the third middle hole. I used a allen key and firmly tightened the two bridge screws-dont kill them lol. If you go to the last page of the tbird club there is more recent info there.

Oh took me about 15 minutes to install, restring and intonate.