1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Thunderbird Neck Thru Version w/Nice Upgrades(Not the cheap bolt on)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman28, Apr 25, 2015.

1. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Price:
    $550
    Strings:
    I know these are $600 new with the case but this one is near mint and $200 in upgrades plus labor and I'll put it against any US Bird.
    This is a Neck Thru Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro lV that had a serious makeover. All the hard work is done for you already. This has been compared side by side to the US Gibson counterpart and won hands down in several reviews even before the mods in workmanship and finish. First these come equipped with the the US Gibson pickups stock so I was going for the more classic look. I removed the stock black pickup covers(Not an easy job) and replaced with chrome covers and rings. Replaced the black bridge with a black and chrome mixed bridge,replaced black tuners with chrome and added a Gibson truss cover. Only your hairdresser will no its not the real deal. I had a 1965 and this being 7 piece mahogany/walnut neck thru and mahogany wings its about as close as you can get,especially for this insane price. Low action and a super slim straight neck with thunderous low end. $550 with a fitted Epiphone T Bird case. West coast add $20 20150425_094257. 20150425_094303. 20150425_094323. 20150425_094438.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Unbelievable player,light and balanced bump

3. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Keep coming back to look at this one. The one T-bird I've owned and I didn't get along too well, but this is a very cool specimen.

Good luck!

4. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    It really surprised me when I was finished with it. Everybody that saw and heard it swore it was a Gibson and didn't believe me when I told them different.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Sold and staying in the Carolinas!

Last edited: May 7, 2015