1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ThunderBird Saddle Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by nhaight, Jan 5, 2012.

1. The first time I went to change the strings on my EPIPHONE thunderbird I had no Idea the entire bridge would disassemble. Now that im about to put a new set of strings on it again I would like to fix the little problem i had with the saddles position (not saddle height, but how close or far the saddle is from the pickups.)

Can some one post a picture of their factory tuned Thunderbird bridge? Then I can adjust the intonation from there.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Search "intonate" and/or read the setup stickies at the top of this forum. You use a tuner to set saddles, not pictures. You must learn this simple procedure or you may as well just become a guitar player ;) its as fundamental as tuning the bass. It must be done everytime you change strings.

Change strings one at a time and this won't happen again.

Untill you learn how, just put your bridge back together. The E string saddle will be farthest away from the neck stepping closer as you go to the smaller strings. This is a generality but will help you put the saddles where they belong. **BUT the Epi saddles are different heights and need to be under the correct string. The shortest for the G, next for E, next for D, tallest for the A.