1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Studio 5 intonation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figas, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    Greetings!! I recently acquired a new Gibson Thunderbird Studio 5, witch came quite a bit off of intonation (the note in the 12th fret is almost 1/2 tone above the respective harmonic in the "G" string) =P Does anyone know how do I change intonation in this bridge (notice that it is different from the IV one). I'm asking this because I can't see any bolt or screw moving the saddle back and forward like any other bridge I've seen!

I quite need some help, and pictures would be welcome!!

Thanks in advance!!
    Cheers!!

2. metal_ch

metal_ch

Apr 10, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Dude its quite a pain in the butt to do jeje but well... you need to take the strings off and you'll see an allen bolt, loose it and re tune, now you can move it arround until you find the exact intonation and then loose the tension on the string and just tight back the allen bolt. Its better to get a schaller bridge or a badass and replace that bridge.

take care

3. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I have the same bridge on my Gibson Money Bass, and my Guitar Tech used this technique, he loosened the lock down Allan setscrew, but have the set screw still touching the base of the bridge, this still keeps the height of the bridge saddle at your liking, and it will have a lesser chance affecting the intonation, then tap the saddle assembly to the correct position, check the intonation, when it is correct, then lock down the saddle