1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Thunderfunk 550, gold chip

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Kael, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    OK, I've waffled on this head for long enough. It really is amazing, but I am getting into situations where I use a tubier tone. Been using a SABDDI or paradriver as a stopgap, but the time has come to move on. If you like clean, QUICK, authoritative tone, this is your pony. There is an immediacy to the attack of the note with this head I've just never heard in any other amp. Punch city. I'll probably regret selling this head.

Thunderfunk 550 w/gold chip. It is from right before the 550B era, but has since gone back to Dave and had all applicable upgrades. This was done about four or five months ago. I also had it into a local tech to clean it up a touch (dirty pot,long wire needed tying down) and he scraped the gold paint off the gold chip not realizing it was supposed to be there. In his defense, I told him to clean it up, and he thought it was something someone had accidentally dripped on to the board. The amp has the gold chip though. If Dave keeps track of the serial numbers, he might be able to confirm it. The gold dot is on the back by the serial number.

Looking for $800 shipped CONUS. The only trade I would consider is a recent "player's network" 4 ohm 12" walkabout scout combo. Well, I might consider a streamliner 900 too... but that's about it. I can work on pics if anyone wants them, but it is pretty much a standard 550. I'll include rack ears also.

PS: I would consider a walkabout head plus cash to just flat out buy a scout cab also, but I'd really rather just get the combo to start with.

2. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    I know you have been thinking about this for a while, but are you sure you want to do this?

Probably the best head ever made bump!

Good luck with your sale.

3. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Am I sure I want to do this? No. No, I am not.

4. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Looking for either a 12" mesa combo or the almighty dollar bump...

5. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    PM's returned

6. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    bump

7. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Well to all those who PM'd then wanted time to mull over getting this sucker, I think you misssed out. I've come to my senses and decided to pull this off the market. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.