1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderfunk 550 with switch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Sliderbass, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

Up for grabs is a clean Thunderfunk 550 in a Gator hard sided gig bag. Both are in pretty good shape. The bag has no rips, tears or stains. The amp is 100% and everything works perfectly. All pots are quiet and fully operational. The only reason I'm selling this one is I've got too many amps and need to clean house.
    IMG_7024.
    IMG_7026.
    IMG_7027.

$750.00 shipped in the lower 48 takes is away. Not looking for trades, just housecleaning.

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Awesome amp.....wish i had the funds....bump for a great TBer

3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Free bump. Out of curiosity, how old is amp, what is ownership history (if you know; if you're not original owner, how long have you had it), and is this a 550A with upgrade to add the chip or a 550B with chip built in already? Thanks, DM

4. Sliderbass

I am not the original owner. I'm at least the second. No gold chip, just switch. Not exactly sure what year it was built.

You know what I know… Sorry it isn't more.

5. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    I had it before Slider and purchased it from TB'er DrMWP.
    According to Dave Funk:

Built - 4/4/2005

Originally belonged to Tom Stanley

Bump for a great amp and a great Tb'er to do business with.
    GLWTS

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I seem to recall that the upgrade to -B was a lot more than the chip. There was a pretty big redesign to the power stage to add more capacitors or something with the initial -B release and then the gold chip was an update he did toward the end of the cycle. At the time you could get the gold chip and pop it in yourself to update your earlier stuff and it wasn't very expensive at all, but it didn't take a -A and make it a -B.

I had a later era -B with the gold chip and it was one of the best amps I ever had. This is a great deal for whoever pulls the trigger, I wish it was me doing so.

7. Sliderbass

$100.00 plus shipping will upgrade this amp with the gold chip and some other undisclosed improvements that I will guess are power supply related.

This one sounds just fine by itself. just sayin… ;)

8. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    +++1

9. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I love these amps, with the chip or not. I put the chip in. I don't think it was a drastic change cause it sounded great already.

10. Sliderbass

Pending payment!

11. Sliderbass

Thanks Tom!!!