1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Thunderfunk 550A with the switch!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by DrMWP, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS only - Thunderfunk 550A with the switch.
    Great condition, housed in a Gator 2 space rack bag
    I'll even throw in a speakon cable.

$750 shipped (conus only)
    $700 local

Pictures to follow.

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Ugh. So frustrating that I get stuck with a huge car repair bill when this pops up....

3. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    PM to ya.

4. MooneyDriver

MooneyDriver

Oct 6, 2010
    Kent, OH
    What does "The Switch" do? :bag:

5. and returned

6. From the Thunderfunk website:

"The Switch" came about in September, 2003 when I spent some soundcheck time with LeAnn Rimes' bassist, Victor, and brought two Thunderfunk amps with me. We AB'd these two amps along with his EBS system. I had made a change to my design that I wanted to test, and the result was that the amp sounded more like the EBS... more "HiFi" and to my ears more "sterile." I decided I liked my original tone better, but then I thought, "Why not just put in a switch?" "The Switch" changes between the original High Voltage power supply that feeds the power amp, and a separate Low Voltage power supply that gives a more hifi tone. It is subtle. It's not some dramatic tone shaping circuit. It's a change in response and texture. The more sensitive your touch, and the louder you're playing (as the effect is more pronounced when the High Voltage power supply is sagging more). the more you'll hear the difference.It's NOT a two channel amp. It's NOT intended to be changed mid-song as it's not silent. It's just another option to setup the amp for use with different instruments and styles. The Switch is not a tone shifter. In the "tube" position there's more upper mid-range honk." Dave Funk.

7. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Bump for DrMWP and ^^Dennis^^. Hope Dennis can get something worked out with you DrMWP. I can't snag this one, but you'll not find a better guy than Dennis to do business with.;)

Good luck to both of you.

:D

God Bless, Ray

8. bassramos

bassramos

Feb 13, 2006
    Chicago North
    This still available?

9. On hold for Dennis!

10. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Way to go Dennis!

You'll hafta let me run The Cowboys Roscoe through it at next years GTG. ;)

Glad to see you finally getting a T'Funk.

:D

God Bless, Ray

11. Sold pending payment

12. Sold and soon on it's way South

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.