No longer available Thunderfunk 750/800 Gold Dot

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Scott Lynch, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Price:
    For sale is this wonderful Thunderfunk 750 Gold Dot in near mint condition.

What is a 'gold dot', you ask? This TF was sent back to Mr. Funk for the most recent updates. It is essentially the most recent incarnation of this amp, the 800, in a 750 chassis.

Here is the link to the previous ad, with pictures. SOLD - Thunderfunk 750/800 Gold Dot

This amp was used on a handful of gigs, absolutely babied and is in the same condition it was when I purchased it. Included with this amp is the SKB Pelican style case seen in the pictures.

Asking $1150 shipped. For sale only at this time. No trades, please. PM for questions or more pics.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    In terms of solid state, this thing is tough to beat!

Scott is an incredible person and musician; you couldn’t ask for a better person to work with.

GLWTS!

Scott Lynch likes this.
  3. Scott Lynch

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Thanks Ian!

Spaceman Ian likes this.
  4. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2003
    NY, County of Orange
    These babies do 2ohms also, correct???

5. jebmd

jebmd

May 4, 2009
    Iona, Florida
    From the manual:

Speaker Output

These two 1⁄4 inch jacks are wired in parallel to accept traditional speaker connection cables. There are also Speakon Connectors (the TFB420 has one, while the TFB550 has two) to accept modern speaker connections. The total speaker system impedance may not be lower than 4 Ohms. Doing so will void the warranty. Your speaker system should be chosen for the characteristics of your ampli er, your style, and your application. If you will only be using one cabinet, a 4 Ω model will draw the most power from your ampli er. If you will generally be using two cabinets, they should be 8 Ω models so their combined impedance will be 4 ohms. Cabinets with 10” speakers sound different than cabinets with 15” speakers.

Beware of 2x10 cabinets that are rated at 4 ohms. They will draw maximum power from the amp and may not be rated for so much power. Adding a second 2x10 - 4 Ω cabinet will load the amp to 2 ohms, and could possibly overheat the amp depending on how hard it‘s driven.

The amp will produce only a slight amount of additional power at 2 ohms and the fan should de - nitely be left on. It is not a good idea to run the amp this way.

As a reminder, the actual volume of your system is determined by many elements, the most important being the sensitivity of the connected speakers. A speaker system with a sensitivity that is 3 dB higher will, for the same volume, will use about 1⁄2 the power of the lower sensitivity speaker system.

Quadzilla likes this.
  6. Scott Lynch

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    The older 420 and 550 are only rated down to 4 ohms. The newer 750 and 800 are rated down to 2 ohms.

jebmd likes this.
  7. drgroove111

drgroove111 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I run mine (same amp) at 2ohm load frequently.....all night long.

Driving (3) Bergantino HT115's the amp gets no warmer to the touch than when running 2 of them...
    Sounds fantastic!

jebmd and Scott Lynch like this.
  8. jebmd

jebmd

May 4, 2009
    Iona, Florida
    I stand corrected.

Best Amp Ever!

Quadzilla likes this.
  9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Nice amp and you are local to me (about an hour and a half).

Shame you aren't looking for a "new", never gigged or even taken to rehearsal, DNA - 1350. Bought her right from Bass Central (authorized DNA dealer) a few months ago and she's been in my house ever since....

https://store.basscentral.com/dna-1350-bass-amp
    ignore the "350 watts" in the spec linked above. Somebody didn't do a proper copy and paste and left the "1" off. She's actually 1350 watts!

Not even 100% I'd let her go for this, but I am a huge A.M.P. / T-Funk fan-boy....

But re-reading your ad above, I see that you are not really looking for trades, so this probably is just a moot-point anyway. Either way, GLWTS!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  10. Tommytutone629

Tommytutone629 Thomass

May 1, 2018
    Chicago
    Is this still available ???

11. Scott Lynch

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Still available!

12. Scott Lynch

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Pulling this. I just brought this to a gig yesterday for a a change and holy cow! What was I thinking? This thing is it. 20 lbs be damned, the weight is worth it. Maybe something else will be showing up in the classifieds soon...

slamsinger and jebmd like this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022