1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD THUNDERFUNK 750A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Joebone, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    On offer we have the famous Thunderfunk 750A. With a price drop...

You know the amp - Dave Funk continues to refine a classic design that originated with Russ Allee and his Amplified Musical Products (AMP) line. (Allee was also involved with the classic Acoustic amps and early SWR and Eden designs - he's worth a word search!)

For pictures: http://joebone1.imgur.com/

I bought this one direct from Dave Funk less than three years ago; he had taken it back on trade and given it a bit of love after two years in service. Regrettably, I've put very few miles on it - I'm not presently doing the kinds of gigs that justify this piece, only have like 20 hours on it in the last 18 months, so out it must go.

Condition is quite good - some light scuffing on top, front looks great, operationally all is well, other than sometimes some scratchiness in the master volume control - probably could use a spray of DeOxit.

And man, it operates very well, indeed! If you've not used one of these before, it is a treat - use the timbre control to quick-adjust your overall tone, use the super-flexible EQ to deal with weird room issues, use the killer DI for recording or FOH, and enjoy a warm, big, punchy sound that is tight. And if you do chordal playing, you are in for a treat - these amps really sort things out.

I've not played the newest 800 version, but I have used the 420 and 550 in the past...the 750 is my favorite of those, by far...no transformer hum, more girth. And if you send it back to Dave Funk, there is an upgrade path to the 800B (only $195!) or 800V (the new tube preamp) specification.

A great amp. If my scene should change, I'll get another Thunderfunk. They really are the best. I put this up for sale in March but withdrew it 'cuz I dig it so much, particularly as I've been shifting toward fretless and loving how the preamp section tracks the fine nuances of your playing...but I'm still not using it in the way it best can be used. This amp always sounds great, but really shines when it has to kick it out a bit, and I'm simply not doing that kind of stuff.

Price dropped to $1100 shipped CONUS. I' don't think they get any less expensive than that.

Looking for dollars rather than trades; thanks.

2. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hope I'm not breaking some moderator rule by doing this, but just saw that someone is selling an Accugroove Whappo Jr...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-accugroove-whappo-jr-1015064/

The Thunderfunk 750A and the Whappo Junior would be an incredible rig together! If I had need for a big rig, I'd be on this combo like a pig in mud.

3. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Not to familiar with this whappo jr.....I know the TF750 and a NV610 or HS410 kills.....could it come close?....anyone???

4. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    bump.

5. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Jeff. I use a 800b2 with a berg hs210 and hs410. As a stack amazing. Like my old nv610 but louder and slightly bigger tight bottom. The adjustable tweeter can bring it to nv610 vintage or dial it up for clean smooth clear modern tone. Just the hs210 and 800b2 are great for practice/smaller gigs. My fav rig to date.

6. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    TTT

7. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    up.

8. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Friday-Night Fish Fry Bump...

9. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Easy Livin' Sunday Bump

10. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    thumpbump

11. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Mid-week hump bump.

12. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    2nd weeknd bumnp

13. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    TTT

14. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Sunday Funday Bump

15. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Mid week bump, and price drop to $1100 shipped CONUS. To my knowledge, the lowest price just about ever for a 750A.

16. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    …………..bump?…………..

17. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Tough days to be a seller, I feel your pain

18. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Great price, wish I needed this...

19. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    No kidding! Likewise with your Accugroove cabinet, I suspect…Kind of a drag when you can't sell the best for less..

20. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bumpin' towards Ebay…or maybe getting the upgrade 800 status and keeping it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.