1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Thunderfunk 750A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Joebone, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    On offer we have the famous Thunderfunk 750A.

You know the amp - Dave Funk continues to refine a classic design that originated with Russ Allee and his Amplified Musical Products (AMP) line. (Allee was also involved with the classic Acoustic amps and early SWR and Eden designs - he's worth a word search!)

For pictures: http://joebone1.imgur.com/

I bought this one direct from Dave Funk a little over two years ago; he had taken it back on trade and given it a bit of love after two years in service. Regrettably, I've put very few miles on it - I'm not presently doing the kinds of gigs that justify this piece, only have like 10 hours on it in the last year, so out it must go. Condition is quite good - some light scuffing on top, front looks great, operationally all is well.

And man, it operates very well, indeed! If you've not used one of these before, it is a treat - use the timbre control to adjust your overall tone, use the super-flexible EQ to deal with weird room issues, use the killer DI for recording or FOH, and enjoy a warm, big, punchy sound that is tight. And if you do chordal playing, you are in for a treat - these amps really sort things out.

I've not played the newest 800 version, but I have used the 420 and 550 in the past...the 750 is my favorite of those, by far...way less hum, more girth. A great amp. If my scene should change, I'll get another one. They really are the best.

$1200, shipped CONUS.

NO trades...am otherwise set on gear, unless you have a fretted Pedulla MVP5 you don't know what to do with.

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    SMOKING GREAT DEAL..........

3. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I've tried to price right, given the times. Am also having second thoughts about selling, but keeping the shingle out for now...

4. PM Sent

5. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    PM replied...

6. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Will think about it if I sell the Glockenklang....
    IMG_1040_zps00a07bef.

7. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's a no-brainer - "Blue Soul" is a pretty narrow mood, some funky, dim, smoky urban place..."Thunderfunk" is as broad as a lightning over the Rockies and and the Great Plains!

8. Bump.... I have the 500 and if I had the extra cash I would take this off your hands in a second! Good luck.

9. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the bump!

10. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2003
    NY, County of Orange
    Joe does this do 2 ohms? Or would it have to be upgraded to the 800 specs? And how much does the cost? If anyone happens to know.

11. fantastic amp! Free bump and answer. Yes the 750's do 2 ohm operation. The upgrade just helps manage the heat a little better. I use mine at 2.66ohms frequently.

12. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Bump!!

13. Joe Clark

Joe Clark

Jan 19, 2007
    Mid Michigan
    Bump for my favorite ss amp of all time! Just got reunited with one a few months ago. This deal is crazy good.

14. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Flirtation, engagement, then JILTED in favor of a T-funk 550B!

Fie!

To be fair, I was coy and hard to get - second thoughts about selling...but I definitely need to liquidate, so once again, we bump...

Ah...lonely hearts...

15. Great price on an absolute killer head from a trusted TB'er!!! This shouldn't be here too long.

16. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Having lived in Kearny as a kid, and having family there and in Harrison for many, many years, thanks for the bump from North Arlington!

17. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Bump for an awesome amp! PM coming with question

18. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Decided not to sell, at least for now. Played fretless through this amp last night, and it was like revelation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.