Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thunderfunk + Accugroove :-))

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by westland, Sep 29, 2005.

1. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Thought I'd post pictures of my newest gear. I racked the Thunderfunk with Daves rack ears, which allow for recessing (safe, and it looks hi-tech). This is the first high quality setup that I have owned, and it's a real revelation to hear just how good this setup makes my tone sound. The sound from the Accugrooves is really outstanding (not to mention that my wife thinks the Thunderfunk and Accugroove company names are exceptionally cute).

I've mainly been playing my Modulus Genesis 5 through the setup, and sometimes my Ritter Roya. But I have a renewed interest in my Variax (p.s., note the TalkBass strap) simply because the models sound so good and detailed through this setup. I think anyone who disses the Variax probably should think about running it through some top-quality equipment before passing judgment.

The controls on the Thunderfunk amp are very cleverly thought out. Each of the parametric EQ controls has a specific function -- I think of them from Left to Right as (1) rumble, (2) phat, (3) finger noise, I want to turn this one down, and (4) harmonics. I haven't really used the bass or treble, and have made minimal use of the Enhance, though I'm fiddling with it more. But the Timbre is a great Phat to Punch adjustment and I'm always adjusting this. I am now setting all of my on-Bass knobs to center detente, and just using the Thunderfunk. Very clever, Indeed!

Attached Files:

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I don't like you.....

is that the tri112?

What all else is in your rack?

3. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    :D thank you :D

This is the Tri 112 L (gloat :cool: ). In the rack I've got a Kurzweil PC2R which I use with my piano (Yamaha P120) and also is driven by Band-in-a-Box, The Jazz Soloist, and other PG Music software that I use to practice my bass. In the center is a Rane headphone amp that I use to mix the PC2R and Thunderfunk into headphones (Beyer D770) when I'm practicing quietly. I find that the Thunderfunk and Tri 112L work quite well for the piano as well.

I like having all this in a rack ... it seems to keep everything ding-free and in much nicer shape, and it's more convenient to packup and go with a rack ... just drop your cables in the rear and close it up.

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    well, I'm not familiar with the rack gear, but it does look cool.