1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ThunderFunk arrives with a boom!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arranger, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Just got a new ThunderFunk TFB420 in from BassNW yesterday. Here's my review after 24 hours of ownership:

HOLY MOLY THIS THING IS SOOOOOO NICE! :hyper:

I hope this helps to clarify the tremendous capabilities of this product. :) I'll type more later when my fingers stop plucking.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :bassist: I'm soooo thinking I need one of them!

Congrats

3. netvampire

netvampire

Apr 22, 2004
    Australia
    :hyper: What cab are you using with it.

4. duncbass

duncbass

Dec 28, 2003
    I got mine a few weeks ago and more recently receive my DrBass 212 4ohm cab. I've only had it at the house at low volumn so far due to lack of a band and a gig. But it sounds great. Much closer to a studio sound than the last bass rig I had many years ago. Maybe I should say it sounds more like the bass direct in a studio but tailorable. I'm running it flat and just playing with the Timbre and Enhance? controls so far. I wish I had more to compare it to but I really like the sound so I should concentrate on playing instead!

dunc

5. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004

6. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Well, I thought it would be sad, I'm using an Ampeg SVT-15E with an Ampeg SVT-210Pro, or a pair of SVT-210Pros, but it's really quite nice. I'm really into lightening up and have looked at Bergantino. If they are that much better, my rig will really turn pro! I want to take it one step at a time and A/B the Bergs against my current rig.

I had all Ampeg, and ditched the Ampeg SVT-350H head for the ThunderFunk. A VERY wise move in my case. The ThunderFunk it incredibly versitile. I can't believe how many sounds are in there, and best of all, I found mine in about five minutes. It seems like it does well in it's flat settings with just a little tweeking of the Enhance and Timbre controls, like what Duncbass noticed. My lord, this is rated at 400@4ohms and the Ampeg was 350@4ohms, but there is no comparison in headroom. Everyone always said the Ampeg SS was over-rated. Now I know.

The ThunderFunk is my first experience with what I consider professional quality.