1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderfunk, Carbine, ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Im looking for a light to moderate weight, 2 rack space amp with a clear, midrangy, warm sound. I own both an ABM500 and MK500 as well as a navigator, pearce and peavey preamps. The MK500 is my current favorite amp but I wish that it was alittle less "dry" feeling under the fingers. The AG500 that I used to own sounded great and felt great to play on but I wished that it had alittle more oomph!

Im currently looking at a thunderfunk 750 or maybe a M6 Carbine to run with my nl-210 or nv610. Think billy sheehan but with more low mid punch. I have played a markbass before but really didn't like it through it's own cab. Most people on here tend to like the MB stuff with other cabs instead. I want tight low end, aggressive mids and clear highs without harshness. Any suggestions.

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    I haven't heard the TFB-750 or the Carbine -- from your description it sounds as though you might like a Markbass F1, but do try it with your own cabs and bass(es).

Not as warm as the LMII, but plenty for my tastes -- clean, clear, tight, solid, & punchy.