Thunderfunk on Basstasters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vanselus, Jun 27, 2004.

1. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    It's that time again - new clips on! This time it's the mighty Thunderfunk amp, and a big thanks to Dave Funk for the amp.

Worth a listen, apparently he puts in quite an array of audiophile components and the result is quite good. Eden and SWR users should find the sound somewhat familiar, but with a high end that's less harsh, and flatter frequency extremes. Check it out for yourself.

Let me know what you think! Does it live up to the hype?
  2. Fred Labbidie

Fred Labbidie Guest

Apr 22, 2004
    Basstasters is pretty cool! I am wondering how you get your sounds recorded. Do you use cabinets with the amps, or take the D.I. outs?

On some of these preamps, it says "no eq". Does that meant you went from the pre-eq path to the hard disk, or that you set everything at "12"?
    On a lot of these preamps, pre-eq is a lot different than "relatively neutral eq" as far as the signal path is concerned.

Last question, When you taste an amp, (like the thunderfunk), do you hook up a cabinet?
    If not, I am wondering why not, since the power section of the amp is very important in the sound of the amp.