Thunderfunk (or similar) output voltage question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Simply out of curiosity at the moment:

What is the maximum output voltage for a thunderfunk TFB-420 ?

Dont know? How about an Eden WT-300? Or...

It is not unusual to have max output voltage specs for audio poweramps, however the bass amps are listed in watts. Yes, P=I^2R, P=VI , P= (V^2)/R , but why not list the actual output voltage as opposed to the calculated (at some value) power?

2. It's always [not] about the Watts, baby.

3. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    This doesn't take into account the reactive load of a speaker and is really only good for rough estimates. A 400 watt amp at 4 ohms is 40 volts. I hope that other more knowledgeable TBers chime in with better info.
    (this is also not the peak output)
    Watts/Volts/Amps/Ohms conversion calculator

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    OK, I get what you are posting, however it's really backwards. An amp doesnt put out watts per say. Power is only calculated across a particular load. An amp does, however, have a maximum voltage... (that can cause current across the load).

Why do amps list the result of the calculations put through the filter of assumptions instead of simply listing the max output voltage?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022