Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thunderfunk schroeder combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shatner, Jul 11, 2005.

1. shatner

shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    Going to buy a Thunderfunk 550 and a Schroeder 1212. Do you think this will be louder than my Sansamp RBI - QSC 1450 - Ampeg 2x10 / 1x15 stack?

How powerful do you find the Thunderfunk? I know the Schroeder will give sufficient volume due to the efficiency so it is the Thunderfunk I am debating. Will it give out more than a Clarus?

I had an Ampeg SVT3 but that didn't last long. It simply doesn't have the power to deliver on outdoor gigs. The output voltage from the preamp going into its own power amp was quite low so it only just competed volumewise with my Hartke Kickback 15 combo. I have a rack and stack as mentioned earlier but that is still not delivering nearly enough volume to compete with the band on outdoor gigs. And I don't mean against the PA. We use a PA rig. I am only using for onstage monitoring and we are not a metal band. We play everything from dixieland to pop to rock. I have recently realised that the power needed for an all-purpose rig is much more than a lot of combo or head / cab combos will deliver. 600 to 800 watts into an efficient cabinet would suffice for most of my requirements.

Mark

2. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Just so happen to have rec'd my 550 a little over a week ago and am waiting for a Thursday delivery of a Schroeder 1212. I'll let you know what the combination is like. Sounds like the ultimate in Low, Loud, and Light.

3. What can I say, if that combo isn't loud enough for monitoring, I pity your soundguy. You got to be playing very loud on stage!