Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thunderfunk & Schroeder...I just gotta show and tell!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by unity bass, Oct 4, 2005.

1. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Thunderfunk TFB550 and a Schroeder 1212
    I'm pretty psyched!
    This thing is loud and clear!

I'll wait until I gig with it a couple of times before I call it "the greatest blah blah blah ever" but holy cats, this thing is waaaay to loud to play turned up at home. My whole house shakes! I've made pictures fall from the walls. I've had my neighbors call and ask me to turn down for the first time ever. (They've lived next door to a bassist for 8 years.) I want to test drive it but it's like having a car that does 200 MPH and everywhere the speed limit is 65. I took it outside and I felt like the whole neighborhood could hear my sorry-ass bass playing.

This is waaaay more than I'll ever need. how cool is that?

Chad

Edit: I played with the band and...wow...post 31 of this thread details my experience.

[​IMG]

2. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I object to your post and i am deeply offended. I can only ask the moderators to sanction you in some way for breaking one of the forum rules. It is rule 82394723948 and can be found in section 6.7.8.7.5.4a of the TB fictional manuscript; under the heading "Intentional infection of GAS to forum users".

It says, and i quote:
    "No TB'er is to intentionally post pictures or threads that may cause severe and incurable GAS in a way that is deemed to be unhealthy.

The following are deemed to be methods of intentionally causing severe and incurable GAS:

- Posts about Schroeder cabinets. The spreading of GAS to INTERNATIONAL - especially Austrlalian - TB'ers is completely prohibited. The penalty for misconduct is to ship the offending Schroeder cabinet to a Mr. Raymond Assaad of Melbourne, Australia for a minimum of 6 months."

;)

3. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    He He...:)

I actually panicked a little bit when I first saw this!

Sorry about your gas. I'm just posting a picture of the cure! :D

Chad

4. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Hopefully i'll be cured by the beginning of 2006 :rolleyes:

5. +1 hee hee

- A

6. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    Hey Unity bass :bag: -this does not suprise me at all-this is exactly the set-up I'm planning on getting for my upcoming upgrade :hyper: in the next 3-6 wks...although I have'nt had a chance to play on the TF or the Shro yet...but please tell :confused: me more about the tone,the sound, the volume,how your band mates like it and how they hear you while practicing, and onstage. What type of music do you play and at what volumes? I was planning on getting a 1212 and a 1210, or a 1212 and a 410, but I always like to know I have enough in reserve for any situation-hint..... I used to play with an Acoustic 360 head and 2-361 powered Acoustic rear folded horn style cabinets with 18" speakers in each one in the late 60s-early 70s...anyway,do you think the Thunderfunk will power 2 Schroeder cabs? Maybe I should ask Dave. Enjoy your rig :D ...just don't get arrested....Peace...DAcat :cool:

7. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    [​IMG]

Yeah Unity.. great rig indeed.. You look forward to take it out!! :)
    My experience - great cut through, volume and gain on five and still loudest bastid on the open air stage. (funky, eight piece band with horns, etc.)

I have stadium gig tonight.. well, lets see if these bad boys can do it..

8. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I still can't believe how compact these cabs are! :eek:

9. DAMIT, you guys are giving me GAS!

Unity, Smash, Nemo, et al. ...have you found any situations where you wished you had a little bit more than the Thunderfunk / Schroeder medium box combination gives you?

I'm strongly considering a TBF550 / 1210 rig. The little voice in the back of my head keeps bringing up the fact that I couldn't run a second cabinet if I ever needed to. Can you put my fears to rest?

10. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    I live in a house surronded by four XIX Century churches that wake me up every Sunday at 7.00 a.m. with their bells. Next Sunday I'll turn on my TFB550 (with Accugroove cab) and I'll tear their roofs down! :D

11. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa

12. man...this makes me want a thunderfunk 550 with an accugroove el whappo...more!! ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!...

gotta check out the schroder too

13. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Exactly the same amp rig I use. After playing bass over 30 years I didn't know what a truly exceptional bass amp sounded like until I played a TF550 through a Schroeder 1212. A match made in heaven and passess all the 3 L's:

Low
    Loud
    Light

14. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i GAS'd out the other day when i saw a aguilar 112, another, and a aggy amp on top. NOW the TF and schro..!?!!??

this is rude, and has caused several sleepless nights!!!!

ok, why the 1212 nd not the 1210??

15. My 1210 with my TF (or more often with my WW Ultra lately) puts out an amazing amount of volume. The only comparison I can accurately make from experience is comparing it to the Epifani 310Ul and 410UL. While the 1210 has a different tone profile, I find its volume capabilities to fall right in between the 310 and 410.... which is pretty impressive considering its size. It actually weighs virtually the same as the 310UL, but seems to project better (and is much smaller), especially in that crucial low mid range of tone. Of course, it can't keep up with the full 410, but it gets surprisingly close.

i find my TF and Epifani matchup almost perfect, and I use my TF550/410UL rig on most gigs. However, the WW Ultra/1210 is just amazing for medium and even larger sized gigs.

That was a long winded way of saying that, short of playing metal or something, there would be very few gigs that a TF550 and 1210 or 1212 couldn't handle. :bassist:

16. I have serious GAS :bawl:

17. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    One of the combinations of rigs I use is a Thunderfunk420 and a Schroeder 1212, very very satisfying :bassist: I also use the Thunderfunk with a 1210, and it sure dosen't suck either ;)

18. Do you find that the 1212 and 1210 differ significantly on covering a gig. I've read some general comments that the 1212 is somewhat louder in the low end but lacks some of the punch of the 1210. Is that your experience since you have gigged with both of them using the same head? Thanks.

19. Could you epand on the difference between using the 1212 & the 1210 with the Thunderfunk?

Thanks!

ps: KJung - man you're quick!

20. I've been accused of being a 'typist' :D